FAQs about ADDX
What is ADDX? How does it work?
ADDX is your entry to private market investing. It is a private market investment platform that lets you invest with as low as USD 10,000 in unicorns, pre-IPO companies, hedge funds, and other opportunities that traditionally require millions or more to enter. ADDX is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and is open to all non-US individual accredited, corporate accredited, and institutional investors.
What are digital securities?
Digital securities are stocks, bonds, funds and other financial securities that are digitised on a blockchain. They are recognised as securities under the Singapore Securities & Futures Act the same way traditional securities, such as stocks and bond certificates.
Do I qualify as an individual accredited, corporate accredited or institutional investor to open an ADDX account?
You will qualify as an individual accredited investor if:
- Your yearly income is not less than SGD 300,000 (or its equivalent in foreign currency), or
- Your net financial assets exceed in value of SGD 1 million (or its equivalent in foreign currency), or
- Your net personal assets exceed in value of SGD 2 million (or its equivalent in foreign currency), including net property value and BTC/ETH/USDC
We are recognising three cryptocurrencies — Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH) and USD Coin (USDC). Cryptocurrency holdings will be recognised as part of your net personal asset at 50% value for BTC/ETH, and 90% for USDC.
You will qualify as a corporate accredited investor if your company’s net assets is as follows: Net assets exceeding SGD 10 million in value (or its equivalent in a foreign currency), as determined by:
- the most recent audited balance-sheet of the corporation; or
- where the corporation is not required to prepare audited accounts regularly, a balance-sheet of the corporation certified by the corporation as giving a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the corporation as of the date of the balance sheet, which date shall be within the preceding 12 months; or
- Company’s entire share capital is owned by one or more persons, all of whom are accredited investors.
You will qualify as an institutional investor if you fall under the criteria set out in the Securities and Futures Act 2001.
Do I have to be based in Singapore to register with ADDX?
No, you can open an account with ADDX as an investor from any country except for current U.S. citizens or U.S. taxpayers. We have currently onboarded investors from more than 30 countries. All applications will be subjected to our Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-money Laundering (AML) processes, and any local regulatory requirements.
Do I need to pay fees to sign up as an investor with ADDX?
There are absolutely no fees associated with opening an account with us. There will only be an ADDX fee applicable when investing in primary offerings, or when you are trading digital securities on the ADDX exchange. The fees on the exchange are chargeable to both the buyer and seller, subject to a minimum of SGD 0.01 per trade, depending on the asset class.
Is ADDX safe? How does ADDX protect my funds and securities holdings?
ADDX is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and held to some of the highest regulatory standards in the world. All customer funds are held in a customer-segregated account with our banking partner DBS, Asia’s safest bank. This means customer funds are kept secured no matter what, independent of our operations at ADDX.
The ADDX digital securities are non-transferrable and non-tradeable outside our platform, which reduces the incentive for theft.
Learn more on how ADDX keeps your money safe here.